Monday, June 25, 2012

Two post's in one day, can you handle it.  I wanted to get back to you soon so that I could share some wonderful gluten free foods and a great resource for those just starting this journey or for those like me who have struggled to start.   I think its important to pass along great ideas to others.

First one on the list is this website,  www.julesglutenfree.com.  Jules Shephard is a genius in my book.  She has some wonderful ideas and a great patent pending all purpose gluten free flour that is versatile for any recipe, whether making pie, cookies, bread, biscuits and on the list goes.   She also has a book, The First Year Celiac Disease and Living Gluten-Free, and I have found a lot of great insight by reading her book.  Let me tell you, do not be afraid of the title if you have not been diagnosed with Celiac Disease.  If you have non-celiac gluten sensitivity, this book will help you get on the road to wellness and eating the right foods.  And no she is not paying me to sing her praises.

Do you ever get a craving for a cookie?  And no, I am not talking about one that is bland, dry, gritty, leave an aftertaste in your mouth kind of cookie.  I am talking a cookie that tastes like you remember them tasting.  Jules Shepard also has a great cookie mix that will make about 60 cookies and they taste sooooo good.  The review from children, "they taste like regular cookies".  Can you get anymore certain that it must be good.  My kids have very discriminating taste buds, so when they say something is good, its good.  I thought they were absolutely delicious.  

Last but not least, pasta.  Up until last week, I had not found a pasta that was a good replacement.  I would fix a meal and make my portion with quinoa or rice pasta but it lacked something.  Spaghetti was just not the same.  I would leave the table not satisfied.  That is not longer true.  I have now found a great pasta that will work with any dish I need it for.  BiAglut pastamia is wonderful.  Taste, texture and it holds up even for reheating.  I made homemade mac-n-cheese and it was yummy.  I do want to add that if you or whoever you might be fixing this pasta for has a peanut allergy it is not recommended.  This pasta has the same protein in it that peanuts have so please be safe and read those labels.

That is my gluten free review for the day or week depending on how much time I have.  Remember what your dietary needs, don't short sell your health because its too hard.  Remember there is always someone else out there who has the same needs and if you look you will find them and you can support each other.  Have a wonderful day and eat to be healthy.





0 comments:

Post a Comment