Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I'm still here.

I know I started this blog did a couple posts and then dropped off the face of blogger earth.  I have to admit eliminating things out of my diet has been difficult and I haven't always been content but that is my goal(as soon as I get a sandwich).   Let me see, what can I tell you that is interesting.

Cupcakes, I made some yummy chocolate cupcakes.  I found an excellent cookbook called, The Allergen-Free Baker's Handbook,  By Cybele Pascal.  At this point in my life she is my hero.  There are many recipes I want to try in that cookbook.  I must add it is much more then just a cookbook, it is a full resource on what one would need to remove the offending foods from your diet and what to replace them with.

Today I made a great discovery and that is a delicious pancake mix called, Maple Grove Farms Gluten Free Pancake and Waffle Mix, oh so good and they browned just like regular pancakes.  I will tell you my secret too, I add a teaspoon of vanilla and sprinkle some cinnamon in the mix.  Yummy.

This past weekend was rough for me because we had a friends birthday and then we celebrated my sweet boys birthday.  Alex turned 7 and I so wanted to celebrate with him and that is when I made the chocolate cupcakes.  I think it made him happy that I could eat something sweet.  The hard part was not eating pizza, I love pizza but it is a triple threat for me, gluten, egg, and dairy.  I could make a vegen pizza crust but who eats pizza without cheese.  Not me.  I will just go without.

Tonight on the menu is country style ribs with a homemade bbq sauce from The Sensitive Pantry.  Many of her recipes look very good.  And if you looking for a good recipe try her's out. I should add that I am not using a rack of ribs like in her recipe, I prefer country ribs because I don't like to get my hands messy.

I hope you have a great day and enjoy your food what ever it may be.

0 comments:

Post a Comment