Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Being Content

For I have learned, that in whatsoever state I am in,
therewith to be content
Phillipians 4:11

Be content? How can one do that when you have to give up so much?  If Paul could be content then surely I can too.  You might ask, what do I have to give up.  Should I give the short list or the long one.  Here's a sample of the long one; cakes, cookies, bread, my favorite wheat crackers, pancakes, waffles, chocolate milk, scrambled eggs, potato chips . . . . I could go on and on.  Now for the short list; gluten, dairy, eggs, safflower oil  and pinto beans.  Yes I know pinto beans is a laughable one, but if its effects me negatively then I must give it up. 

Why do I have to give them? Well, recently I was diagnosed with the above food sensitivities, not specifically the long list but the short list.  I cannot eat foods with those things in it.  On the bright side after doing much research I have found many recipes that can be made with substitutions.  I am sure it does change the taste but I think I can handle it.  I'm a big girl, I can be flexible and learn to like new foods. I refuse to sit around and mope, I will be content because even though the short list effects so many things I eat, the list of foods I can have far out ways what I can't have.  That is why have chosen to not think of it as "living without", but "not living without".  

0 comments:

Post a Comment